I'm tired...I don't know why but I'm feeling a bit depressed today. Just one of those days I guess. Maybe because its "Friday Follow" and I have no new followers. Maybe people just don't like me? Maybe I'm just reading too much into it...which is extremely likely and oh so possible, lol. These lists and questionaires used to be all the rage back in my LiveJournal days. So, here we go, for old time sakes...
99 Fun Things
Highlight what you have done
Pass along if you wanna!
Bold the things that you've done...
1. Started your own blog: This is my third one...hoping to keep this one going!
3. Played in a band: does marching band count? I think it does!
5. Watched a meteor shower ... I fall alseep to easily
6. Given more than you can afford to charity ... I mean, it's not more than I can afford because God calls us to give everything
7. Been to DisneyWorld ... its the happiest place in the world! I LOVE Disney World!
8. Climbed a mountain ... my hubby made me do it
9. Held a praying mantis ... no, but I got really close to one once...
10. Sang a solo ... I don't think it sounded good because the one they gave me was out of my range
11. Bungee jumped ... no, no thanks, I'll pass
12. Visited Paris ... one day, when we tour the world!
13. Watched a lightning storm ... we had lots of heat lightning in alabama, so pretty and scary
14. Taught yourself an art from scratch ... I don't think I understand this .. I took lots of lessons ...
15. Adopted a child ... no, but I would love to be a foster parent if I could only convince the hubby of it one day :-)
16. Had food poisoning ... oh ick, I was in 5th grade visiting Washington DC and threw up on my friend's shoes in our hotel room
17. Walked to the top of the Statue of Liberty ... no, but I'd like to take the elevator one day
18. Grown your own vegetables ... ummm, I kinda kill everything I try to grow...
19. Seen the Mona Lisa in France ... once again, world trip
20. Slept on an overnight train ... oh that sounds like so much fun and so old-timey
21. Had a pillow fight ... fun! although they could get painful with my sister and I, lol!
22. Hitch hiked ... I hope I never have to
23. Taken a sick day when you’re not ill ... but I had a sick child, doesn't that count?
24. Built a snow fort ... you mean it snows enough to build a fort with? hmmm I gotta get out of the south some, or not
25. Held a lamb ...strange list
26. Gone skinny dipping ... no Mom, I've never been skinny dipping. :-p
27. Run a Marathon ... it's on my short list of stuff to do before I'm 30!
28. Ridden in a gondola in Venice ... once again, world trip
29. Seen a total eclipse ... don't these only happen like once every 50 years?
30. Watched a sunrise or sunset ... I see the sunrise every morning, lol. I remember waking up super early to watch the sunrise in SC on my last choir tour senior year at the beach. Amazing!
31. Hit a home run ... ummmm I've never actually hit the baseball...I should blog about how my parents' thought my baseball "skills" were oh so funny!
32. Been on a cruise ... no, but another item on my short list, as long as there are no 20 ft waves
33. Seen Niagara Falls in person ... sounds wet...
34. Visited the birthplace of your ancestors ... I'm American and I've been to Philadelphia where they signed the Declaration of Independence, that counts...right?
35. Seen an Amish community... no, but I would love to...I find other clutures so interesting
36. Taught yourself a new language... Leah language!
Had enough money to be truly satisfied ... I don't need money to be satisfied, I have love
39. Gone rock climbing ... I've climbed up the rock at Camp Sumatonga, well with help
40. Seen Michelangelo’s David... its becoming very evident that I have never left the USA
41. Sung karaoke ... yeah, once was enough
42. Seen Old Faithful geyser erupt ... nope, but they will still be there b/c they are faithful
43. Bought a stranger a meal at a restaurant ... wanna go out to eat?
44. Visited Africa ... still stuck in the states
45. Walked on a beach by moonlight ... oh so romantic... oh wait, I've only done it with family and friends
46. Been transported in an ambulance ... I think I'll pass on this one
47. Had your portrait painted ... that's why they invented the camera!
48. Gone deep sea fishing ... I'm sure Andrew would love to
49. Seen the Sistine Chapel in person ... one day would love to
50. Been to the top of the Eiffel Tower in Paris ... if you read all the other Paris questions I bet you can answer this one
51. Gone scuba diving or snorkeling ... Dad would take us out into the deep part of the bay and we would snorkle and look at all the fishies!
52. Kissed in the rain ... I'm sure I have, it probably wasn't planned, lol
53. Played in the mud ... and the puddles
54. Gone to a drive-in theater ... no, but I really want to!
55. Been in a movie ... I was in one of my friend's movies from college
56. Visited the Great Wall of China ... I would love to!
57. Started a business... does my bridal show count?
59. Visited Russia ... sounds cold
60. Served at a soup kitchen ... oh no but I really want to
61. Sold Girl Scout Cookies ... my sister did, is that close enough?
62. Gone whale watching ... sounds like fun
63. Got flowers for no reason ... thank you honey
64. Donated blood, platelets or plasma ... on the short list, I'm nervous though
65. Gone sky diving ... I wanted to, but then I saw this video of a woman whose chute didn't open and she fell the whole way and somehow survived, but now I'm not so sure
66. Visited a Nazi Concentration Camp ... I thought they closed all of those
67. Bounced a check ... that's not fun, why is it on this list?
68. Flown in a helicopter ... not yet
69. Saved a favorite childhood toy ...oh, confession time ... I still sleep with my blankie, but I don't have to take him on trips with me anymore
70. Visited the Lincoln Memorial ... he's really big
71. Eaten Caviar ... ewww
72. Pieced a quilt ... a drew a square that is now part of a quilt
73. Stood in Times Square ... it's really busy, like crazy busy
74. Toured the Everglades ... as long as there are no alligators
75. Been fired from a job ... no way, I'm to nice :-)
76. Seen the Changing of the Guards in London ... I've seen the changing of the guards in DC
77. Broken a bone ... my ankle, in footie pj's, on Christmas eve
78. Been a passenger on a motorcycle ... probably will one day when Andrew gets to buy a toy
79. Seen the Grand Canyon in person ... from the window of my plane, I don't care, I'm counting this
80. Published a book ... I co-wrote a chapter in 5th grade in a book that was published
81. Visited the Vatican ... only through Dan Brown
82. Bought a brand new car ... biggest mistake in my entire life
83. Walked in Jerusalem ... the first stop in my world tour
84. Had your picture in the newspaper ... I think our engagment picture was
86. Visited the White House ... well, I saw it from the outside and that counts
87. Killed and prepared an animal for eating ... oh no thanks
88. Had chickenpox ... ew, those oatmeal baths stank
89. Saved someone’s life ... kinda scary to think about
90. Sat on a jury ... not yet
91. Met someone famous ... I met Greg Giraldo last week!
Joined a book club ... I miss the small groups from college
93. Got a tattoo ... would like to one day
94. Had a baby ... Leah and Audrey are the loves of my life!
Seen the Alamo in person ... yup on 6th grade choir tour
96. Swam in the Great Salt Lake ... in Utah? you can swim in it?
97. Been involved in a law suit ... oh goodness, I hope not
98. Owned a cell phone ... this question must have been left over from the LiveJournal days
99. Been stung by a bee ... twice, on the tennis courts and in my backyard as a kid