Wednesday, June 9, 2010

My Husband = My Hero

iFellowship



My husband is my hero, and his actions reminded me of that again last night.  Here ... I'll let him tell you via Facebook:

Andrew's status:  "Just had the scariest moment of his life!"
People commented on his status kinda like 'what happened', 'this was mine' and here is what he put next:
"Well mine was me in the kitchen, making a bottle for the baby, and seeing Leah walk around the corner bright red with her mouth open and point to it not being able to breath! I did the Heimlich (I think) and she coughed everything up. It will probably take me a good while to recover from that. Leah on the other hand, is right back to normal. :-)"


Leah then went back to eating ... halfway through she said "Look Daddy ... I no spit up anymore."


When he called me at work and told me what happened, I just started crying.  and then I prayed.  I thanked the Lord for giving Leah an awesome dad, I thanked Him for giving Andrew the ability to remain calm at a time of crisis.  and I just thanked Him for Andrew.

Andrew jokes that he's here to calm me down.  That's for sure!  I freak out at the slightest thing.  When Leah got 2nd degree burns, sure I took care of her, but I was freaking out the entire time.  In a crisis is when I need to have my husband standing beside me and guiding me.  I can not express how thankful I am for him.

When I told him he is my hero and he stammered that it was all Leah's doing for coming to him and so on...yeah honey that's true, but it's also true that you are my hero.  I am so glad and thankful my girls have a dad who can and will save their lives in a physical and spiritual way.


Photobucket

17 comments:

  1. How terrifying! How lucky is she to have an awesome dad! This just proves that all parents should know first aid, CPR, and the Heimlich. God is Great!

    ReplyDelete
  2. you are so blessed! and so are the kids! you've got a good man there. :) GOD Is so awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my! That is such a blessing though - your husband is your hero. I love to hear things like that:o)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am so glad he is your hubby! He loves you and those little girls so much! He wouldn't be anywhere else, but in the lives of his favorite girls. God has seen to that. He will walk with you both through this life and take you by the hand. There will be other events in your life that God will be present. Just like yesterday. Praise be to God for the love of a husband! Love ya lots and lots! Momma K

    ReplyDelete
  5. You are lucky to have a great husband that keeps you calm!

    Dusty tells me the same things because I am just the same way, i stress over so many things so easily.

    ReplyDelete
  6. as i've said via twitter (i love when we get to tweet), andrew is awesome!

    also be thankful that he was the one who was there when it happened. what if it was a sitter and she panicked?

    ReplyDelete
  7. That is terrifying! we have had some choking incidents,and they are horrible. Good for the little one on going to Daddy. And good for you for counting your blessings!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I am visiting from iFellowship. Isn't it wonderful to have strong husbands whom we can lean on?

    ReplyDelete
  9. We sound very similar! I can definitely take care of things in the middle of chaos, but I freak out the entire time. My hubby is great under pressure...sounds like we both found guys that balance out our craziness :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. That's so scary. I'm glad your husband was there and that Leah was okay. Knowing the Heimlich (and how to self-perform it, too) is so, so important.

    ReplyDelete
  11. So glad that she is okay! And you married a great guy and he married a very bright gal! :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Stopping by for iFellowship! Nice blog, I just followed. ie Twitter - Resourcefully4U

    ReplyDelete
  13. Thank God he knew what to do!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Aww, it's great he's your hero! Hooray for him and his awesome baby-saving skills!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Thank you so much for finding me!! I love your blog!! :-D

    ReplyDelete
  16. How scary! That's awesome that your hubby knew what to do.

    ReplyDelete

 
Find More Free Custom Color Layouts at April Showers