Tuesday, February 9, 2010

Love Hakiu

Mama's Losin' It

Directions: You can learn more about Writer’s Workshop here….it’s never to late to jump in!! Here is what you must do:
  • Choose a prompt that inspires you most.
  • Write.

I chose this prompt for this week:

5.) Write a poem to your love for Valentine’s Day. :)

I've been through alot in the romantic front. I think every other guy I dated before my hubs was super romantic. They surprised me with little notes here and there. Made mixed tapes...I know right...of love songs. Wrote notes they passed me in the hallway for me to read in class. But yet I fell in love with the least romantic one of them all. Sometimes love is simpler than we make it out to be. So, I have written a simple 17 syllable haiku. As a poetry reminder, the first line has 5 syllables, middle line 7 and the last line 5. A simple way to express what can be a pretty complicated emotion.

Oh how I love you
Your eyes make me smile and sigh
Passion overcomes

5 comments:

  1. Love can be simple if we allow it to be. Great Haiku.

    If you like free stuff check out my Jewelry GIVEAWAY.

    Stopping by from Mama Kat's workshop.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww. Nice and sweet and to the point! Love it! : )

    Mix tapes. What a fun memory!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the haiku! I stink at them, so I'm jealous hehe!

    (visiting from MK)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nice poem! Did you show it to your hubby? He should see it!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Cop Mama - so I showed it to him and he said
    "Sigh? Weird. That's short." hmmmm...gotta love boys who just don't get poetry

    ReplyDelete

 
Find More Free Custom Color Layouts at April Showers